Level Description of PTE Academic Score
The PTE Academic Exam is also known as Pearson Tests of English. It is a computer-based English language exam accepted by most academic institutions across the world. You have to pass this exam if you plan to immigrate to a major English-speaking nation for studying or other purposes. This exam will help you to prove your English language competency. PTE Academic Exam is a three-hour-long test that focuses on applied English that you will need in your day to day job. The purpose of this test is to check the students’ proficiency in the English language.
After completing your exam, you will receive the academic score on a scale of 10 to 90 for each of your skill sections. In addition to that, you will also get an overall score. The below scoring pattern will help you to know what does your score mean.
- 10 – 29: The person is familiar with everyday expressions and can also ask & answer basic questions about personal details.
- 30 – 42: A person who scores between 30 to 42 means he/she can easily understand English sentences. The person can also communicate in simple terms.
- 43 – 50: It means the person can deal with most situations where the primary language is English. He/she can also describe experiences about events, ambitions, dreams, etc.
- 51 – 58: Scoring between 51 to 58 means you have sufficient command of the English language. You can deal with standard spoken language but can face difficulties during noisy circumstances.
- 59 – 75: Can easily understand the complex text and abstract topics, including technical discussions. People who score between 59 to 75 can explain complex topics and their viewpoints.
- 76 – 84: Persons who score between 76 to 84 can communicate fluently in the English language and use it for social, professional, and academic purposes.
- Above 85: Scoring 85 or more means you can understand almost anything you read or hear.
The overall score of the PTE academic exam reflects a person’s English language ability. As a leading coaching centre, English Experts offers PTE mock tests online in Melbourne and other cities. We arrange unlimited mock tests for our students to help them get familiar with the exam settings and revise the course. The more you will take our mock tests, the higher you will score on the PTE Academic Exam.
The candidate has to be at least 16 years old to get eligible for this exam. You will need parental consent to take the exam if your age is below 18 years. You can download the parental consent form from PTE Academic Exam’s official website. You can appear for the PTE exam as many times as you want, but you have to maintain a gap of 5 days between two exam dates.
English Experts can help you to prepare for this exam in the best possible way. Along with arranging PTE mock tests online Melbourne, we also provide several other features to our students like free PTE exam preparation materials, personalized sessions, etc. We offer both online and offline coaching classes to students. Fill our form now to book a PTE trial class.